We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for all employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K profit-sharing retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement through its mentoring program. We hope to meet you soon.
SAN rafael, CA
Position: Account Manager & Wholesale Trainer
ACCOUNT MANAGER & WHOLESALE TRAINER
Reporting to the Director of Wholesale, the Wholesale Account Manager/Trainer develops, manages and coordinates with existing business while building strong training and support relationship with our partners. This position also requires aligning our partners coffee program with Equator’s vision, as well as quality standards. Equator’s customer base is diverse including, but not limited to Michelin star restaurants, specialty cafes, hotels, bakeries, specialty grocery, food service operators and colleges. The cornerstone of this position is a love of coffee and hospitality.
- Manages new business and existing accounts, providing customer support.
- Barista/Coffee education and training, ensuring quality objectives are met on espresso drink execution, as well as proper brewed coffee extraction/recipes.
- Dialing in/Programming coffee equipment to Equator standards.
- Works with our partners to manage and build upon existing relationships.
- Provides support to growing Equator’s business and in turn the business of our partners by providing coffee education, marketing support, equipment support, and quality assurance, while acting as a liaison between Equator and the brewing partner.
- Maintains accurate information on High Rise, taking accurate notes, photos, updating loan information, as well as documenting customer interactions.
- Provides support and works with roasting plant personnel, such as customer service and our roasting/production team, to ensure efficient fulfillment of orders.
- Ensures on-going communication about account activity.
- Customizes training materials to accounts specific needs/recipes.
- Manages and initiates inside sales, such as tea, water filtration, small wares, etc.
- Other responsibilities and special projects as assigned by the Director of Wholesale.
- Three years experience as a specialty coffee barista.
- One year Barista training experience highly recommended.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, motivation and self-management skills.
- Coffee equipment knowledge preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Willingness to travel locally.
- California Drivers License is a must.
- Absolutely must be inspired by coffee and coffee preparation.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com.