We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for all employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K profit-sharing retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement through its mentoring program. We hope to meet you soon.
bay area, ca
Position: Managers & Assistant Managers
managers & Assistant managers
Now hiring Managers and Assistant Managers to help drive the rapid growth of our retail department. At Equator the store manager is at the center of our guest’s retail experience. Our managers are expected to create a welcoming place to engage the community around them. One part of this is managing the staff of baristas and cashiers to help you keep the cafe in prime condition. Managers control what they can to manage costs and labor to keep their financial statements in line with the expectations put forth by the Director of Retail and CFO. Equator is a growing, people first company looking for people first staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the store in training of Team Members, including new hire training, orientation, and development.
- Assist in increasing profit and sales by leading the team in providing an incredible hospitality experience.
- Controlling operating expenses by ensuring upkeep of store and equipment.
- Responsible for banking and accounting responsibilities.
- Coach, support, and recognize Team Members by providing performance feedback, including disciplinary action when necessary.
- Resolving guest, team member, and store issues in a timely fashion, ensuring that each and every product delivered to our guests meets Equator’s quality standards.
- Place, receive, and verify orders; conduct inventory; control waste and dates and rotates inventory daily.
- Perform all roles and duties of a Team Member daily.
- Know how to speak to the product and how to answer questions that might come up from staff or customers.
- Perform quality control checks daily, by tasting espresso, brewed coffee and teas.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), AND experience in the specialty coffee is required.
- Management experience in specialty coffee, retail, hospitality and/or customer service industries is required.
Ability to read and speak English proficiently. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding and register).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Retail store environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Customary Work Days- Varies dependent upon weekly schedule. Saturday & Sunday
- are required days of availability.
- Customary Work Hours- Varies dependent upon weekly schedule. Hours are extended when work load is increased.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.