We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for all employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K profit-sharing retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement through its mentoring program. We hope to meet you soon.
SAN rafael, CA
Position: Specialty Sales Respresentative
Specialty sales representative
Reporting to the CEO, the Specialty Sales Representative develops, manages and coordinates new business, building strong training and support relationships, while ensuring alignment with Equator’s broader business goals. Equator’s customer base is diverse, including but not limited to, white tablecloth restaurants, cafes, hotels, bakeries, specialty grocery, food service operators and colleges. This position will have a focus on food service sales channels with multiple locations.
- Target and secure business to aid team in achieving sales and profit targets. The expectation is to bring on a minimum of 4 – 6 new customers per month, with a minimum order of 20 pounds per week, per customer.
- Make sales calls on prospective accounts to present Equator’s wholesale coffee & tea program and secure new business. The expectation is to prospect and generate 10 - 15 viable (20 plus pounds/week) leads per week.
- Manage new business, provide customer support, ensure quality and training needs are met by utilizing account management, training and roasting team.
- Work with the account management and training team to manage new business relationships by updating and utilizing Highrise, our customer relationship management (CRM) program. This involves updating contact info, notes and loading pictures of installed equipment.
- Provide support to new and existing customer base as needed, through training and other activities such as consultation. This may include participating in events after business hours.
- Maintain account files including information on equipment, ordering patterns, contact person(s), pricing, and profitability objectives.
- Provide support and work with roasting and customer service team members to ensure efficient fulfillment of orders.
- Ensure on-going communication about account activity.
- Maintain training tools, ordering tools, carry a small amount of equipment parts for small repairs and product information sheets.
- Attend and participate in the weekly Monday sales meeting at 9:00 am. This time is set aside to review the wholesale report, activity report (pending trainings and installs) with Sales Team for upcoming week and future scheduling. Monday meetings are also set aside to meet with the roasting team to cup new and existing coffee offerings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO.
- Five year’s related outside sales experience.
- Consultative sales skills.
- Specialty coffee and tea experience.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, motivation and self-management skills.
- Strong Word and Excel computer skills.
- Dedicate a time commitment of 40 plus hours minimum per week.
- Ability to travel in state.
- Ability to communicate clearly, directly, succinctly and honestly in all business related communications.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.