Brand Marketing Project Manager
Founded in 1995 by Brooke McDonnell and Helen Russell, Equator Coffees is an award-winning coffee roaster, retail operator and coffee farm owner headquartered in Marin County, CA. As a certified B Corp, Equator leads with a strong commitment to a sustainable, transparent approach that spans over two decades. Today, Equator operates seven retail cafes in the San Francisco Bay Area and has an expanding national wholesale business.
As the Brand Marketing Project Manager, you will be responsible for leading high profile launches and marketing campaigns. We are looking for a skilled and experienced Brand Project Manager with a consistent track record of leading the creative development process to execute world class campaigns. The Brand Marketing Project Manager will lead creative projects cross-functionally with internal design teams and external contractors and will be responsible for managing briefs, timelines, project prioritization, and budget. Brand Marketing Project Manager will report to the Creative Director.
- Manage end-to-end execution of omni-channel marketing programs across online and offline channels
- Ensure all marketing efforts are aligned with Equator Brand and values
- Owns the Marketing Calendar and develops integrated marketing briefs and plans for all product and brand campaigns, working in close partnership with cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Maintain overall quality by proofing materials prior to routing and release
- Anticipates and identifies project risks early on and discusses mitigation strategies with manager
- Assists in managing outside agency, contractor, and vendor relationships, including managing schedules, timelines, and budgets.
- Marketing lead on all retail and wholesale signage, menus, banners, events and donations.
- Marketing lead on all merchandise. Serve as point person with vendors, including managing timeline, quality, and costs. Collaborate with Retail Operations on items selection and design.
- Foster positive and collaborative relationships between retail operations, wholesale, and the rest of the marketing team.
- Create and communicate comprehensive project schedules, budgets and milestones. Actively monitors project progress to meet deadlines and achieve results
- Communicates project status to key stakeholders through weekly status meetings, ensuring information and assets are readily available and complete
- Creates agendas for planning, kick-off, pre-pro, and review meetings
- Identifies photo shoot needs across channels and partners
- Routes creative needs and feedback to marketing partners and ensures feedback is clear, actionable, and received in a timely manner.
- Implement feedback from leadership and partners to refine, revise and improve project management
- Actively monitors project process, identifies gaps and process improvement ideas to manager
- 3+ years’ experience with account, project, or program management in marketing required.
- Previous marketing experience in a brand-driven, CPG, premium omni channel retail or multi-unit restaurant preferred.
- Marketing or Communication degree preferred or experience in related field
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of successful project management in an organization
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated success in taking major projects and initiatives to the finish line to great business results
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple work streams within a project, control workflow and timelines while managing multiple projects with impeccable attention to detail and minimal errors
- Must be a team player, able to work within tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing brand appropriate marketing events and activities
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal; confidence in facilitating cross-functional team meetings to achieve results
- Strong time management skills; ability to troubleshoot, juggle multiple projects and prioritize
- Results driven without compromising quality
- Analytical skills and demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and articulate ideas into easy to consume presentations and briefs
- Obsessive about managing process and details to drive scale and results
- Fosters trust and relationships at all levels in the organization
- Ability to garner resources to execute on time
- Excellent technical skills with Microsoft Office, Asana, Base Camp, Google products, etc. with proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Exercises independent judgement to prioritize work, drives accountability and a sense of urgency throughout the team.
- Desire and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with little direction
- Must value collaboration and teamwork
- An infectious personality that achieves instant stakeholder buy-in
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position.
Send resumé and cover letter to email@example.com
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.