Email Marketing Specialist
POSITION: EMAIL MARKETING SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: Senior Performance Marketer
Equator Coffees is an impact-driven, award-winning coffee roaster, mission-led retail operator, and thoughtful coffee farm owner headquartered in Marin County, CA. Founded in 1995 by Brooke McDonnell and Helen Russell, Equator's strong commitment to a sustainable, transparent approach spans more than two decades. In 2011, Equator formalized its commitment to sustainability by becoming a certified B Corporation, making it the first California coffee roaster to do so. In 2016, we were voted National Small Business of the Year and one of San Francisco Business Times Top 100 Women-Owned Business for the past 12 years. Today, Equator operates nine retail cafes in the San Francisco Bay Area and has an expanding national wholesale business.
We’re looking for an analytical, customer centric, coffee loving email marketing specialist to join our growing marketing team at Equator coffees. This is a unique opportunity to work with a team at a 25+ year old mission-led B-Corp brand who love pushing the boundaries of innovation. In this high-impact role you’ll be responsible for all of our email marketing as well as supporting wider analytical and performance marketing efforts. Reporting to the Senior Performance Marketer, and working closely with the broader marketing and design teams, you’ll define clear testing frameworks and KPIs, craft clear strategies to achieve those goals, and then exceed them with deep audience insight and precise execution. This role will best suit someone who shares our passion for doing good throughout the supply chain and in the communities we’re in while representing our much loved brand to our loyal community base.
Equator connects global coffee farming communities and coffee lovers in the US. The journey from seed to cup is long. Every step in our supply chain should be equitable, sustainable and beneficial for all involved. We call it the Chain of Well-Being. We treasure our relationships in the global coffee community and invest in projects at origin to help our partners and their communities thrive. For instance, our World Bicycle Relief Blend funds the purchase and distribution of bicycles in countries where reliable transportation can lead to economic opportunity and educational success.
- Own all email marketing, developing tests, segmentation and lifecycle marketing.
- Develop powerful customer and campaign insights to help improve strategy, merchandising, messaging and sales.
- Develop landing pages for email and performance marketing campaigns.
- Support our Senior Performance Marketer with analytics, CRM marketing, media and affiliate campaigns.
- Create and deliver clear and compelling campaign strategies, testing methodologies and campaign learnings to senior stakeholders.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Superb email marketing experience, having worked with complex segmentation and multiple products.
- Portfolio examples of emails that are beautifully laid out, persuasive, well designed, clean and effective.
- Fascination with understanding the customer and how to segment and appeal to them.
- Ability to write excellent creative briefs and work closely with in-house creative partners or creative agencies.
- Strong understanding of hypothesis based marketing and excellent analytics skills.
- A collaborative mindset with experience in small, nimble marketing teams.
- Committed to developing a socially responsible brand and businesses.
- Love great quality coffee!
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- 4+ years of experience in digital marketing in direct to consumer brands, at least 3 of those years experience in email marketing.
- Experience with premium brands preferred
- Experience with CPG preferred
- Deep knowledge of email tools, ideally Klaviyo.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Shopify Analytics and tools across digital marketing channels (e.g. AdWords)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- The opportunity to show up every day and work with the most creative and collaborative team in coffee
- Competitive salary
- 100% Employer Covered Premium Medical Insurance
- Group Dental & Vision Insurance Plans Available
- Employer Covered Life Insurance Premium
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Healthcare and Dependent Day Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Extensive Physical and Mental Health, Financial and Legal Coaching Available at no cost to the employee
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- 7 paid holidays per year (including MLK Day and Juneteenth)
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- 401K - Employee eligible after 1 year of employment
Please send your resume to email@example.com
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.