POSITION: Production Associate and Delivery Driver
- Reports to the Roastery Compliance Manager
Pay: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Equator Coffees is an impact-driven, award-winning coffee roaster, mission-led retail operator, and thoughtful coffee farm owner headquartered in Marin County, CA. Founded in 1995 by Brooke McDonnell and Helen Russell, Equator's strong commitment to a sustainable, transparent approach spans more than two decades. In 2011, Equator formalized its commitment to sustainability by becoming a certified B Corporation, making it the first California coffee roaster to do so. In 2016, we were voted National Small Business of the Year and one of San Francisco Business Times Top 100 Women-Owned Business for the past 12 years. Today, Equator operates eight retail cafes in the San Francisco Bay Area, one retail café in Los Angeles, sells coffee direct to customers through its website and has an expanding national wholesale business.
Equator connects global coffee farming communities and coffee lovers in the US. The journey from seed to cup is long. Every step in our supply chain should be equitable, sustainable and beneficial for all involved. We call it the Chain of Well-Being. We treasure our relationships in the global coffee community and invest in projects at origin to help our partners and their communities thrive. For instance, our World Bicycle Relief Blend funds the purchase and distribution of bicycles in countries where reliable transportation can lead to economic opportunity and educational success.
B Corp Declaration of Interdependence
We envision a global economy that uses business as a force for good. This economy consists of a new type of corporation – the B Corporation – which is purpose-driven and creates benefits for all stakeholders, not just shareholders.
As Certified B Corporations and leaders of this emerging economy, we believe:
- That we must be the change we seek in the world.
- That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place matter.
- That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
- To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.
Reporting to the Roastery Compliance Manager, the Production Associate & Delivery Driver will support the company operations by fulfilling orders in an accurate and timely manner. This position requires excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as an enthusiastic attitude. A successful candidate will be highly detail-oriented, proactive, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. An ideal candidate will be someone looking for career growth.
- Work as part of a fast-paced team to fulfill wholesale and retail orders accurately and efficiently
- Learn and master the use of the weigh and fill machines, band sealers, scales, and grinders
- Communicate with team members on a regular basis to ensure accurate fulfillment and production
- Show initiative and keep up with an ever-changing menu of coffees and clientele
- Learn delivery route for Bay Area deliveries and assist current driver (vehicle provided)
- Interact with customers on delivery route to ensure orders are accurate
- Show initiative, present a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and take direction
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Clean driving record
- Familiarity with fulfillment, shipping, receiving, and warehouse work
- Delivery experience
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Coffee knowledge a plus
The physical tasks described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and read. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, stooping and crouching throughout the shift. The employee must frequently lift or move items weighing 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- 100% Employer Covered Premium Medical Insurance (for full-time employees working over 30 hours per week after 60 days of employment)
- Group Dental & Vision Insurance Plans Available
- Employer Covered Life Insurance Premium
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Healthcare, Commuter and Dependent Day Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Physical and Mental Health, Financial and Legal Coaching available at no cost to the employee
- Paid Time Off
- 7 paid holidays per year (including MLK Day)
- 1 paid volunteer day per year
- Paid time for voting on election day and for reflection on Juneteenth
- 401K - Employee eligible after 1 year of employment
- Free coffee
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.