Social Media Manager
Equator Coffees is an award-winning coffee roaster, retail operator, and coffee farm owner headquartered in Marin County, CA. Founded in 1995 by Brooke McDonnell and Helen Russell, Equator's strong commitment to a sustainable, transparent approach spans more than two decades. Today, Equator operates seven cafes in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since our founding Equator has been a leader in sustainability and social responsibility. In 2011, Equator formalized its commitment to sustainability by becoming a certified B Corporation, making it the first California coffee roaster to do so. If you believe what we believe, in racial and gender equality - come join the Equator team. We’re always looking for motivated people to join us in our retail cafes and at our Marin, California headquarters. We’re especially interested if you love spending as much time as possible drinking coffee, feel more at home in a coffee shop than an office, and have a passion for something greater. We are proud anti racists and supporters of the LGBTQ+ community. We welcome and encourage people who are authentic, kind, passionate and love coffee.
We’re looking for a creative, culturally tuned-in, coffee loving social media manager to join our growing Brand & Content Marketing team at Equator Coffees. In this high-impact role you’ll be responsible for developing and executing on our company social media strategy. Reporting to the Creative Director, and working closely with the broader marketing and design teams, you’ll define clear goals and KPIs, craft clear plans to achieve those goals, and then exceed them with creative thinking and precise execution. You’ll be responsible for creating campaigns and delivering on a content strategy that best communicates our brand beliefs, builds a business around community, creates a clear and distinct voice that differentiates us from competitors and grows our audience.
- Develop innovative and engaging social media strategy optimized for each channel, and own execution across all social channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, LinkedIn, and/or emerging platforms.
- Create and produce content in various mediums such as gifs, images, or short-form videos, working with our in-house and partner creatives to make best in class, innovative social-first storytelling for both campaign and evergreen, organic and paid, owned and earned.
- Monitor social listening and cultural trends, looking for ways the brand can support and add value to conversations.
- Community manage and monitor Equator’s social accounts and mentions. Ensure brand consistency, prompt engagement in relevant conversations, and issue escalation.
- Manage our social commerce integrations and look for ways to use new social features and leverage integrations like shops, AR and filters.
- Build and maintain a monthly editorial calendar and publishing schedule. • Maintain ongoing competitive analysis and recommendations, looking for ways to differentiate and innovate.
- Develop a performance measurement framework, including defining KPIs and goals, along with monthly reporting and performance tracking.
- Assist internal teams and agencies in all paid social media campaigns and PR related activities, especially supporting creative strategy and channel strategy.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing to develop the overall content strategy.
- Identify, build, and maintain strong relationships with our creator network “Tiger Collective”.
- Be the voice of the community in internal communications, sharing trends and feedback.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- 5+ years of social media management experience, preferably in Food & Beverage, B2C, CPG or premium brands. • Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar field preferred.
- Strong understanding and passion for social media and cultural trends, especially Instagram and TikTok.
- Familiarity in using editing and graphic design tools to create content for social channels.
- Exceptional ability to produce creative content that delivers measurable success, with portfolio case study examples.
- Good knowledge of reporting tools, platforms, and using metrics to gain insights that drive strategy.
- Collaborative spirit and experience working with creatives, working cross functionally with internal teams and working with third parties or agencies.
- Expert level copywriting that understands what the audience wants to read and how to tell compelling, simple and witty stories.
- Superb eye for design and the different creative needs of each format and channel.
- Ability to land campaigns that tackle complex social and political subjects, with sensitivity and understanding of cultural differences.
- Planning, organizational, and communication skills. Previous experience managing a content calendar and using planning tools like Sprout Social.
- Ability to work strategically as a proactive self-starter with independent decision making, driving rapid work delivery, and having a solution-driven approach.
- Experience with creator management and relationship building is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Partially remote
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- 401(k) with 3% match
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.