Specialty Coffee Sales Representative
Reporting to the Director of Wholesale, the Specialty Coffee Sales Representative develops, manages and coordinates new business, building strong training and support relationships, while ensuring alignment with Equator’s broader business goals. Equator’s customer base is diverse including, but not limited to white tablecloth restaurants, cafes, hotels, bakeries, specialty grocery, foodservice operators, college and universities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Target and secure business to aid team in achieving sales and profit targets. The expectation is to put on a minimum of 3– 5 new customers per month, min order of 40 plus pounds a week per customer.
- Research local markets including new restaurant/café openings, new foodservice/office building openings, competitors and coffee industry events.
- Make sales calls on prospective accounts to present Equator’s wholesale coffee & tea program and secure new business. The expectation is to prospect and generate up to 10 viable leads per week. A viable lead will bill 40 plus pounds per week.
- Follow up on leads and demonstrations with written proposals and phone calls. Prepare account proposals in conjunction with Wholesale Sales Manager. Follow up on all proposals.
- Manage new business, providing customer support, ensuring quality and training needs are met by utilizing account management, training and roasting team.
- Work with the account management and training team to manage new business relationships by updating and utilizing Hi-Rise customer relationship manager (CRM) program. Maintain account files including information on equipment, ordering patterns, contact person(s) info, notes, pricing, profitability objectives and loading pictures of installed equipment.
- Provide support to new and existing customer base as needed, through training and other activities such as consultation. This may include participating in events after business hours.
- Provide support and work with roasting and customer service team members to ensure efficient fulfillment of orders. Ensure on-going communication about account activity.
- Maintain selling tools (e.g., sales specification sheets, product samples), ordering tools, training tools, carry a small amount of equipment parts for small repairs and product information sheets.
- Attend and participate via phone in the bi-monthly Monday morning sales meeting. This time is set aside to review the wholesale report, activity report (pending trainings & installs) with Sales Team for upcoming week and future scheduling.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Wholesale
- Five year’s related outside sales experience.
- Consultative sales skills.
- Specialty coffee and tea experience.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, motivation and self-management skills.
- Strong Word and Excel computer skills.
- Ability to travel in state.
- Valid California Driver License and clean driving record is necessary.
- Must have your own reliable vehicle.
- Ability to communicate clearly, directly, succinctly and honestly in all business-related communications.
This role’s hours will be most often Monday – Friday with occasional weekend and extended hours based on business needs.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.