Wholesale Trainer & Key Accounts Manager
Equator Coffees is an award-winning coffee roaster, retail operator, and coffee farm owner headquartered in Marin County, CA. Founded in 1995 by Brooke McDonnell and Helen Russell, Equator's strong commitment to a sustainable, transparent approach spans more than two decades. Today, Equator operates seven cafes in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since our founding Equator has been a leader in sustainability and social responsibility. In 2011, Equator formalized its commitment to sustainability by becoming a certified B Corporation, making it the first California coffee roaster to do so. If you believe what we believe, in racial and gender equality - come join the Equator team. We’re always looking for motivated people to join us in our retail cafes and at our Marin, California headquarters. We’re especially interested if you love spending as much time as possible drinking coffee, feel more at home in a coffee shop than an office, and have a passion for something greater. We are proud anti racists and supporters of the LGBTQ+ community. We welcome and encourage people who are authentic, kind, passionate and love coffee.
Build strong training and support relationship with our partners. This position also requires aligning our partners coffee program with Equator’s vision, as well as quality standards. Equator’s customer base is diverse including, but not limited to Michelin star restaurants, specialty cafes, hotels, bakeries, specialty grocery, food service operators and colleges. The cornerstone of this position is a love of coffee and hospitality.
- Barista/Coffee education and training, ensuring quality objectives are met on espresso drink execution, as well as proper brewed coffee extraction/recipes.
- Dialing in/Programming coffee equipment to Equator standards.
- Provides support to growing Equator’s business and in turn the business of our partners by providing coffee education, marketing support, equipment support, and quality assurance, while acting as a liaison between Equator and the brewing partner.
- Maintains accurate information on CRM, taking accurate notes, photos, updating loan information, as well as documenting customer interactions.
- As needed, the Trainer will interact with Customer Service while on-site training to place or expedite orders for coffee and smallwares.
- As needed, the Trainer will interact with the Wholesale Coordinator while on-site training to schedule routine or emergency maintenance.
- Customizes training materials to accounts specific needs/recipes.
- Other responsibilities and special projects as assigned by the Director of Wholesale.
- 3+ years’ experience as a specialty coffee barista.
- 2+ years’ experience Barista training experience highly preferred.
- Superb trouble shooting and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, motivation and self-management skills.
- Coffee equipment knowledge preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Bay Area.
- Valid California Driver’s License with a clean driving record is a must.
- Must have your own reliable vehicle.
- Absolutely must be inspired by coffee and coffee preparation.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- This job is field based, with scheduled training and preventive maintenance visits to Equator wholesale customers located in Northern California.
- This job requires that the Trainer drives to each scheduled training, the expectation of daily driving may include three trainings in one day.
- Trainings will take place in a variety of environments, including office buildings, cafes, restaurants, and other client venues, as well as the Equator training lab and in store.
- This position requires training and demonstration of the use and calibration of coffee brewing, and espresso equipment in addition to espresso based beverage preparation.
- The trainer may be responsible for setting up and tearing down a coffee station
- The trainer may occasionally work behind a coffee bar or as part of a restaurant service team when requested
- This job requires the ability to present in front of small and large groups of people representing Equator with professionalism and expert coffee knowledge.
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday 9am - 5pm. Occasional early morning, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Frequently wash hands.
- The employee may occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.