We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement. We hope to meet you soon.
bay area, ca
Position: Assistant Managers - New Locations
Assistant managers - new Locations
Now hiring Assistant Managers to help drive the rapid growth of our retail department. At Equator, the store manager is at the center of our guest’s retail experience, our assistant managers support the store managers in any way they can. One part of this is managing the staff of baristas and cashiers to help you keep the cafe in prime condition. Equator is a growing, people first company looking for people first staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the store Manager in training of Team Members, including new hire training, orientation, and development.
- Assist in increasing profit and sales by leading the team in providing an incredible hospitality experience.
- Controlling operating expenses by ensuring upkeep of store and equipment.
- Minor banking and accounting responsibilities.
- Resolving guest, team member, and store issues in a timely fashion, ensuring that each and every product delivered to our guests meets Equator’s quality standards.
- Place, receive, and verify orders; control waste and rotate inventory daily.
- Perform all roles and duties of a Team Member while on shift.
- Know how to speak to the product and how to answer questions that might come up from staff or customers.
- Perform quality control checks daily, by tasting espresso, brewed coffee, and teas.
- Act as Manager when General Manager isn’t present, solving all staffing and guest issues.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), AND experience in the specialty coffee is required.
- Management experience in specialty coffee, retail, hospitality and/or customer service industries is required.
Ability to read and speak English proficiently. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding and register).
Compensation: $45,000+ annually, commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.