We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement. We hope to meet you soon.
san francisco, ca
BARISTA - San Francisco
Working in the retail environment, Baristas provide courteous and knowledgeable customer service through excellent product knowledge superior barista skills and attentive and friendly customer interactions. Baristas support all sales efforts in the retail stores through hospitable customer service, and a commitment to quality and Equator’s highest standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet and interact with all customers providing everyone with an excellent experience in our stores.
- Prepare coffee and tea with acute attention to our standards of quality.
- Maintain product knowledge regarding all pastries and food items and staying up to dated on seasonal menu changes and accurately communicate product information to customers. Respond to questions, orders and concerns.
- Maintain coffee knowledge on current offerings and confidently and accurately communicate product information to customers. Respond to questions, orders, and concerns.
- Taste coffee or baked good each shift worked to improve product knowledge and troubleshoot any product problems.
- Properly handle and maintain all coffee brewing equipment.
- Contribute to store profitability by following cash handling and cash register policies and procedures.
- Assist in the training and development of new employees.
- Offer relevant, well thought out ideas and suggestions for improving store operations.
- Attend all individual and company scheduled training sessions and staff meetings to constantly advance education on coffee, tea, merchandise, and espresso bar skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Retail and/or customer service experience required.
- Some coffee experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and sense of urgency with helping customers
- Demonstrate a passion for coffee and tea.
- Capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Logical and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Flexible, with the ability to multi-task in a highly demanding, stressful environment.
- Ability to cooperate successfully as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback on the quality of services. Uses communication that is clear, honest, and complete.
- Ability to use available resources to answer questions.
- Cash handling skills.
- Complete barista training with store manager and trainer.
Ability to read and speak English proficiently. Spanish is helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding and register).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Retail store environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Customary Work Days- Varies dependent upon weekly schedule. Saturday & Sunday
- are required days of availability.
- Customary Work Hours- Varies dependent upon weekly schedule. Hours are extended when work load is increased.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit résumé at: http://jobs.schedulefly.com/post-4520.aspx