We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement. We hope to meet you soon.
mill valley, ca
Position: General Manager: Mill Valley, CA
General manager - Mill Valley
Now hiring Managers to help drive the rapid growth of our retail department in our Downtown Mill Valley cafe. At Equator, the store manager is at the center of our guest’s retail experience. Our managers are expected to create a welcoming place to engage the community around them. One part of this is managing the staff of baristas and cashiers to help you keep the cafe in prime condition. Managers control what they can to manage costs and labor to keep their financial statements in line with the expectations put forth by the Director of Retail and CFO. Equator is a growing, people first company looking for people first staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Hiring, disciplining, promoting, firing, and providing ongoing feedback to staff.
- Scheduling to maintain a proper level of staffing to achieve operational success.
- Assisting in increasing profit and sales by leading the team in providing an incredible hospitality experience.
- Controlling operating expenses by ensuring upkeep of store and equipment and by budgeting repairs and replacement of equipment.
- Being responsible for banking and accounting responsibilities.
- Resolving guest, team member, and store issues in a timely fashion, ensuring that each and every product delivered to our guests meets Equator’s quality standards.
- Place, receive, and verify orders; conduct inventory; control waste and dates and rotates inventory daily.
- Managing the store’s financial performance and cost structures.
- Know how to speak to the product and how to answer questions that might come up from staff or customers.
- Taking responsibility for the financial health of the store by working with the accounting department to make sure cash handing and inventory controls are in order.
- Developing long-lasting relationships with the neighborhood.
- Performing quality control checks daily, by tasting espresso, brewed coffee, and teas.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), AND experience in the specialty coffee is required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience managing a profitable and operationally sound single café/restaurant.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both oral and written.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple projects and hit deadlines.
- Experience reviewing financial reports and meeting budgets.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience with POS touch screen, Microsoft Office, and other computer skills.
Ability to read and speak English proficiently. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding and register).
Compensation: $55,000+ annually, commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter and résumé to: http://jobs.schedulefly.com/post-4536.aspx