We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for all employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K profit-sharing retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement through its mentoring program. We hope to meet you soon.
SAN rafael, CA
Position: Service Technician
The Service Technician provides equipment repair and maintenance support to Equator’s wholesale customers on location, as well as refurbish and repair equipment in house. The Service Technician maintains contact and relationships between Equator and coffee equipment manufacturers. The Service Technician must provide excellent customer service to our wholesale partners, while working closely with the sales team to provide training on proper preventative maintenance and cleaning.
- Communicate with wholesale partners to troubleshoot equipment problems, both over the phone and in person. Schedule repairs and maintenance directly with managers.
- Communication with our equipment vendors about maintenance, repairs, spare parts and be aware of new technology and improvements. We work mostly with, La Marzocco, Fetco, BUNN, Curtis, Mazzer, Mahlkönig, Schaerer and UNIC.
- Install coffee equipment at new accounts.
- Bench test equipment in house if necessary.
- Keep tech area clean and organized, inventory parts and spare equipment.
- Maintain service log and update CRM, including customer information, and detailed notes on all repairs and preventative maintenance and water filtration.
- Work with wholesale coordinator to insure accurate billing.
- Create and maintain systems for logging customer information, repairs and preventative maintenance including water filtration.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to build rapport with customers and anticipate their needs.
- Excellent communication skills, phone, email and texting with the team, as well as our wholesale partners will be essential to the job.
- Mechanical and maintenance background, i.e. automotive, HVAC, heavy machinery.
- Coffee equipment repair and installation experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems.
- Computer proficient.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Clean driving record.
- Previous experience within specialty coffee or a strong desire and interest to learn the basics of specialty coffee and proper coffee extraction and brewing techniques.
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial.
Although experience with coffee equipment is preferred, the most important qualities of a candidate is to be a team player willing to work hard and think creatively to solve problems, and excited to learn new things. A person with a mechanical background, interest in the world of specialty coffee, and self-directed will excel as a Service Technician at Equator Coffees & Teas.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.