We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement. We hope to meet you soon.
SAN rafael, CA
Position: Director of Wholesale
Director of Wholesale
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing, the Director of Wholesale oversees the expansion of Equator’s wholesale business. The Director of Wholesale is responsible for the development and execution of strategic sales initiatives, employee development, licensed operations, and expansion of our infrastructure to ensure future growth. This individual builds relationships with Equator’s current and future customers and distributors in a professional manner that ensures world class service.
- Provides leadership, direction and communication necessary to achieve budgeted results and operation plan.
- Formulates and leads execution of comprehensive sales strategy to ensure department achieves or exceeds targeted sales growth and profit plan.
- Serves as the primary information conduit between our wholesale customer base and customer service/production group to facilitate effective on-going communication
- Supervises, evaluates, and provides consistent feedback to sales and operations team to ensure performance and continual development in the context of achieving desired individual and company results.
- Ensures smooth licensed store opening process including training, store set up, equipment installation, and opening support.
- Assists with the selection and evaluation of potential partnerships.
- Recruits and develops qualified sales representatives, account managers and barista trainers to enable the expansion of our business and deliver on the promise of high – touch customer service
- Ensures Equator’s operating standards in the areas of customer service, coffee and tea quality, are consistently adhered to.
- Collaborates with our marketing team to develop and deploy programs and offerings that expand our reach.
- Ensures compliance with company personnel policies and practices, accounting procedures and practices to secure and prudent use of company facilities and assets.
- Tracks and provides reporting to leadership team on trends within our channels of sales.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- A minimum of 5 years in Specialty Coffee industry.
- Sales management experience required.
- Profit and Loss management and accountability.
- Experience in consultative selling, influence management, organizational development.
- Excellent communication, analytical skills, and management skills.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent negotiation and follow-through skills.
- Ability to develop and motivate a diverse sales and operational team.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.