We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement. We hope to meet you soon.
Mill valley, ca
Position: Shift Lead - Mill Valley
shift lead - mill valley
Now hiring Shift Leads to help drive the rapid growth of our retail department. In addition to fulfilling all barista duties to the highest quality standards, Shift Leads are responsible for overall service excellence. Equator is a growing, people first company looking for people first staff.
The Shift Lead is a store leader reporting to and supporting the Store Manager in achieving all company set goals and objectives.
- Role model and leader responsible for exemplifying Equator Coffees and Teas’ vision, mission, and values to their store teams.
- Responsible for building and maintaining an exceptional level of customer service, providing ongoing training and development activities to the barista staff, demonstrating sound personnel and financial management practices, and maintaining a positive and productive working, shopping, and coffee-centric environment.
- Assume a number of managerial responsibilities in the absence of the Store Manager and to act as store leader at all times.
- Developing baristas by providing on-going coaching and in-store on-bar training in order to ensure high performance, continued store growth, and effective succession planning.
- Actively delegating support tasks to the store team and communicating progress to the Store Manager, as well as working with the store leadership team to complete store development projects that further Equator Coffees and Teas’ mission and guiding principles.
- Provide superior customer service and demonstrate the highest level of beverage excellence.
Job Requirements Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Retail and/or customer service experience required
- Coffee experience required
- Cash handling skills
- Capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and customers
- Complete barista training with store manager and trainer
Customary Work Days and Hours:
Varies dependent upon weekly schedule. Saturday & Sunday are required days of availability. Hours are extended when work load is increased.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding and register).
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter and résumé to: http://jobs.schedulefly.com/post-5081.aspx