We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement. We hope to meet you soon.
SAN rafael, CA
Position: Specialty Coffee Sales Executive
Specialty Coffee Sales Executive
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Specialty Sales Executive develops, manages and coordinates new business, building strong training and support relationships, while ensuring alignment with Equator’s broader business goals. Equator’s customer base is diverse including, but not limited to white tablecloth restaurants, cafes, hotels, bakeries, specialty grocery, food service operators colleges and universities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
Responsible for the overall growth and development of the assigned geographic territories.
- Identify and secure new business to achieve sales and profit targets. The expectation is to put on a minimum of 4 – 6 new customers per month, min order of 20 plus pounds/wk per customer.
- Conduct sales prospecting and lead generation to present Equator’s wholesale coffee & tea program and secure new business. The expectation is to prospect and generate 10 - 15 viable leads per week. A viable lead will bill 20 plus pounds per week.
- Manage new business ensuring quality and training needs are met by utilizing account management training team and roasting team.
- Work with the account management and training team to manage new business relationships by updating and utilizing customer relationship manager (CRM) tools. This involves updating contact info, notes and loading pictures of installed equipment.
- Provide support and work with roasting and customer service team members to ensure efficient fulfillment of orders. Ensure ongoing communication about account activity.
- Maintain training tools, ordering tools, carry a small amount of equipment parts for small repairs and product information sheets.
- Attend and participate weekly in the Monday morning sales meeting @ 9:00 am. This time is set aside to review the wholesale report, activity report (pending trainings & installs) with Sales Team for upcoming week and future scheduling. Monday meetings are also set aside to meet with the roasting team to cup new & existing coffee offerings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Sales
Specialty Coffee and Tea experience /and or foodservice or hospitality
- Bachelor’s Degree, minimum three – five year’s experience of B2B outside sales experience.
- Experience in sales prospecting, cold calling and networking.
- Superb customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, motivation and self-management skills.
- Strong Word and Excel computer skills.
- Dedicate a time commitment of 50 plus hours minimum per week.
- Ability to travel in state, weekend participation in events.
- Ability to communicate clearly, directly, succinctly and honestly in all business related communications.
- Understanding of all social media tools, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.