We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement. We hope to meet you soon.
SAN rafael, CA
Position: Vice President of Sales
Vice President of Sales
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President of Sales is the executive responsible for expanding Equator’s wholesale business. The Vice President is responsible for development and execution of strategic sales initiatives for national accounts across Food Service (account contract management companies), Office Coffee Services, Restaurants/Cafes, Licensed Partners and Grocery. The Vice President builds strategic relationships with our current and future customers and distributors order to develop profitable national programs. The Vice President will work with the Director of Wholesale to manage the roastery account management and training relationships to ensure world class products and service. The Vice President of Sales is a full-time, exempt position.
- Formulates and leads execution of comprehensive sales strategy to ensure department achieves or exceeds targeted sales growth and profit plan.
- Expand new business pipeline by identifying strategic, national accounts and leading the selling process to close new business.
- Lead contract negotiations at national accounts with support from wholesale account management and service teams to support
- Serves as the primary information conduit between the national customer base and customer service/production group to facilitate effective on-going communication
- Assists with the selection and evaluation of potential partnerships.
- Recruits and develops qualified sales representatives, account managers and barista trainers to enable the expansion of our business.
- Ensures Equator’s operating standards in the areas of customer service, coffee and tea quality, are consistently adhered to.
- Ensures compliance with company personnel policies and practices, accounting procedures and practices to secure and prudent use of company facilities and assets.
- Directs marketing efforts to improve programming to differentiate Equator’s wholesale program as industry leading.
- Collaborates with our marketing team to develop and deploy programs and offerings that expand our reach.
- Tracks and provides reporting to leadership team on trends within our channels of sales.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the president & CEO.
- Specialty coffee experience.
- A minimum of ten years of outside sales experience in retail, food, or foodservice.
- Sales management required.
- Profit and Loss management and accountability, including a track record of meeting sales and profit goals.
- Experience in consultative selling, persuasive selling, influence management, organizational development.
- Excellent communication, analytical skills, and management skills.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent negotiation and follow-through skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com.