A certified B Corporation, Equator Coffees is a successful, growing, customer-oriented specialty coffee company. Equator was voted National Small Business of the Year in 2016 and San Francisco Business Times Top 100 Women-Owned Business for the past 12 years. As a B Corporation, we have both a strong emphasis on producing and serving the highest quality coffees and teas, and running a for profit business that is socially and environmentally sustainable.
The General Manager (GM) leads the Assistant Manager, Shift Leads and Baristas to deliver an exceptional coffee experience and beverage with the upmost in hospitality and kindness to every customer in our retail café. The Manager is fully responsible for the operations, customer and employee experience and for providing quality coffee beverages and coffee knowledge. Your leadership will require that you act with integrity & respect, promote a safe, clean and healthy work environment, be fiscally responsible, produce quality work, you are ethical and are passionate about coffee. We love coffee and want you to love it too.
This position is an Exempt Full-time position reporting directly into the Retail District Manager
- Creates a culture of hiring, training, developing and retaining employees at all levels
- Provides an exceptional coffee experience every time and expects it with every member of the team
- Continuously develops self and team in coffee knowledge and shares it with customers
- Strong leadership skills with professional maturity
- Inspires and motivates a positive internal environment
- Communicates regularly with team, provides positive and constructive feedback and holds quarterly team meetings
- Create timely and complete schedules, taking into consideration of business and employees needs
- Completes payroll accurately and submits it within the proper timeframe.
- Provide timely, consistent and ongoing feedback to staff members
- Models hospitality and is in service to the customer. Acts to resolve customer concerns and is always looking for ways to make the experience better
- Monitors, coaches and encourages team members to the customer’s expectations through the team’s execution of the operations, processes, recipes and knowledge
- Know all products, including ingredients, quality consistency positioning and signage with the ability to answer questions that might come up from staff or customers.
- Completes required inventories and accurate ordering in the proper time to grow the business.
- Manage the store’s financial performance and costs to include accurate cash controls and product ordering
- Completes the weekly financial corporate requirements accurately and in a timely manner.
- Is relentless to find ways to drive sales and create new customers. Monitors KPI’s always looking for areas to improve
- Demonstrates a passion for coffee and inspires it in others
- Management experience in specialty coffee, retail, hospitality and/or customer service industries is required
- Experience managing a profitable & operationally sound single café/restaurant preferred
- Must maintain current state issued SERV Safe Manager Certificate.
- Experience recruiting, hiring and managing staff
- An ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Proven ability to understand and execute on an organization’s goals and objectives.
- Enjoys working on a team and collaborating as a team player
- Leadership, relationship, team building and conflict management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - both oral and written.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience reviewing financial reports and meeting budgets.
- Able to work full time (the work regularly demands in excess of 40 hours per week) including variable hours including early morning, evenings, weekend and/or holidays
- Ability to lead change, deal with the ambiguity and the prioritizing need to run a fast-paced environment
- Experience with POS touch screen, Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other computer skills.
- Minimum High School or GED
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. Job responsibilities can change according to the operational needs of the business. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org