A certified B Corporation, Equator Coffees is a successful, growing, customer-oriented specialty coffee company. Equator was voted National Small Business of the Year in 2016 and San Francisco Business Times Top 100 Women-Owned Business for the past 12 years. As a B Corporation, we have both a strong emphasis on producing and serving the highest quality coffees and teas, and running a for profit business that is socially and environmentally sustainable.
The General Manager (GM) leads the Retail Employees, by way of the Service Principles and Leadership Principles. The Manager is fully responsible for the day to day operations of the store. The GM in charge of maintaining total quality experience for both our customers and Team Members by providing a positive environment, fast, efficient, and friendly service. The GM runs all aspects the retail location. He/she demonstrates commitment to Equator’s Standard Operating Procedures and House Rules through training, demonstrating customer service, excellent product knowledge and education, and utilizing safe work practices.
- Experience managing a profitable & operationally sound single café/restaurant.
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must maintain current state issued Food Handler Card
- Management experience in specialty coffee, retail, hospitality and/or customer service industries is required
- Experience with POS touch screen, Microsoft Office and other computer skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Compensation to commensurate with experience. Flexible shifts, competitive compensation, and great location! Eligible employees will receive PTO, 401k, and health benefits (employer covered medical premium).
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.