The Service Technician provides equipment repair and maintenance support to Equator’s wholesale customers on location, as well as refurbishment and repair to equipment in house. The Service Technician maintains contact and relationships between Equator and coffee equipment manufacturers. The Service Technician must provide excellent customer service to our wholesale partners, while working closely with the sales team to provide training on proper preventative maintenance and cleaning.
- Communicate with wholesale partners to troubleshoot equipment problems, both over the phone and in person. Schedule repairs and maintenance directly with managers.
- Communication with our equipment vendors about maintenance, repairs, spare parts and be aware of new technology and improvements. We work mostly with, La Marzocco, Fetco, BUNN, Curtis, Mazzer, Mahlkönig, Schaerer and UNIC.
- Install coffee equipment at new accounts.
- Bench test equipment in house, if necessary.
- Keep tech area clean and organized, inventory parts and spare equipment.
- Maintain service log and update CRM, including customer information, and detailed notes on all repairs and preventative maintenance and water filtration.
- Work with wholesale coordinator to insure accurate billing.
- Create and maintain systems for logging customer information, repairs and preventative maintenance including water filtration.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to build rapport with customers and anticipate their needs.
- Excellent communication skills, phone, email and texting with the team, as well as our wholesale partners will be essential to the job.
- Mechanical and maintenance background, i.e. automotive, HVAC, heavy machinery.
- Coffee equipment repair and installation experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems.
- Computer proficient.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Valid California Driver’s License and must clear driving record background check.
- Previous experience within specialty coffee or a strong desire and interest to learn the basics of specialty coffee and proper coffee extraction and brewing techniques.
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial.
- Mechanical background
- Interest in the world of specialty coffee
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 6:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Ability to drive a vehicle. Approximately 80% travel in the Bay Area.
REPORTS TO: Director of Wholesale
We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement. We hope to meet you soon.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.