Specialty Sales & Account Manager
Reporting to the Director of Wholesale, the Specialty Sales & Account Manager develops, manages and coordinates new business, building strong training and support relationships, while ensuring alignment with Equator’s broader business goals. Equator’s customer base is diverse, including but not limited to, white tablecloth restaurants, cafes, hotels, bakeries, specialty grocery, foodservice operators and colleges. This position will have a focus on food service sales channels with multiple locations.
- Maintain appropriate contact with all current accounts based on set expectations outlined in client type, including on-going communication about account activity.
- Manage new business, provide customer support, ensure quality and training needs are met by utilizing account management, training and roasting team.
- Barista/Coffee education and training, ensuring quality objectives are met on espresso drink execution, as well as proper brewed coffee extraction/recipes.
- Customizes training materials to accounts specific needs/recipes, while dialing in/programming coffee equipment to Equator standards.
- Work with the account management and training team to manage new business relationships by updating and utilizing our customer relationship management (CRM) program. This involves updating contact info, notes and loading pictures of installed equipment.
- Provide support to new and existing customer base as needed, through training and other activities such as consultation by providing coffee education, marketing support, equipment support, and quality assurance. This may include participating in events after business hours.
- Maintain account files including information on equipment, ordering patterns, contact person(s), pricing, and profitability objectives.
- Provide support and work with roasting and customer service team members to ensure efficient fulfillment of orders.
- Ensure on-going communication about account activity.
- Maintain training tools, ordering tools, carry a small amount of equipment parts for small repairs and product information sheets.
- Target and secure business to aid team in achieving sales and profit targets. The expectation is to bring on a minimum of 2 new customers per month, with a minimum order of 20 pounds per week, per customer.
- Make sales calls on prospective accounts to present Equator’s wholesale coffee & tea program and secure new business. The expectation is to prospect and generate 5 viable (20 plus pounds/week) leads per week.
- Attend and participate in the weekly Monday sales meeting at 9:00 am. This time is set aside to review the wholesale report, activity report (pending trainings and installs) with Sales Team for upcoming week and future scheduling. Monday meetings are also set aside to meet with the roasting team to cup new and existing coffee offerings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO.
- 5+ year’s specialty coffee and tea experience with 3+ year’s related sales experience (or equivalent expertise)
- Superb customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, directly, succinctly and honestly both verbally and written, in all business-related communications.
- Strong initiative, motivation and self-management skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively.
- Consultative sales skills.
- Strong Word, Excel and CRM experience.
- Dedicate a time commitment of 40 plus hours minimum per week.
- Ability to travel in state.
We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement. We hope to meet you soon.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.