Specialty Sales Representative
Reporting to the Director of Wholesale, the Specialty Sales Representative develops, manages and coordinates new business, building strong training and support relationships, while ensuring alignment with Equator’s broader business goals. Equator’s customer base is diverse including, but not limited to white tablecloth restaurants, cafes, hotels, bakeries, specialty grocery, foodservice operators and colleges.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Target and secure business to aid team in achieving sales and profit targets.
- Make sales calls on prospective accounts to present Equator’s wholesale coffee & tea program and secure new business.
- Manage new business, providing customer support, ensuring quality and training needs are met by utilizing account management, training and roasting team.
- Work with the account management and training team to manage new business relationships by updating and utilizing Hi-Rise customer relationship manager (CRM) program. This involves updating contact info, notes and loading pictures of installed equipment.
- Provide support to new and existing customer base as needed, through training and other activities such as consultation. This may include participating in events after business hours.
- Maintain account files including information on equipment, ordering patterns, contact person(s), pricing, and profitability objectives.
- Provide support and work with roasting and customer service team members to ensure efficient fulfillment of orders. Ensure on-going communication about account activity.
- Maintain training tools, ordering tools, carry a small amount of equipment parts for small repairs and product information sheets.
- Attend and participate weekly in the Monday morning sales meeting @ 9:00 am. This time is set aside to review the wholesale report, activity report (pending trainings & installs) with Sales Team for upcoming week and future scheduling. Monday meetings are also set aside to meet with the roasting team to cup new & existing coffee offerings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Wholesale, Director of National Accounts, and CEO.
- 3-5 years related outside sales experience.
- Consultative sales skills.
- Specialty coffee and tea experience.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, motivation and self-management skills.
- Strong Word and Excel computer skills.
- Dedicate a time commitment of 40 plus hours minimum per week.
- Ability to travel in state.
- Ability to communicate clearly, directly, succinctly and honestly in all business related communications.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.