Wholesale Account Manager & Coffee Educator
POSITION: Account Manager & Coffee Educator
- Reports to Director of Wholesale
- No direct reports
Founded in 1995 by Brooke McDonnell and Helen Russell, Equator Coffees is an award-winning coffee roaster, retail operator and coffee farm owner headquartered in Marin County, CA. As a certified B Corp, Equator leads with a strong commitment to a sustainable, transparent approach that spans over two decades. Today, Equator operates seven retail cafes in the San Francisco Bay Area and has an expanding national wholesale business.
The Wholesale Account Manager & Coffee Educator manages and coordinates personal relationships with our existing partners while building strong training, business development and support tools for their coffee programs. This position also requires aligning our partners coffee program with Equator’s brand vision as well as our quality standards. Equator’s customer base is diverse including, but not limited to Michelin star restaurants, specialty cafes, hotels, bakeries, specialty grocery, food service operators and colleges. The cornerstone of this position is a love of coffee and hospitality.
- Onboards new business and manages existing accounts, providing broad customer support.
- Provides barista/coffee education and training, ensuring quality objectives are met on espresso drink execution, as well as proper brewed coffee extraction/recipes.
- Dialing in/Programming coffee equipment to Equator standards.
- Builds comprehensive business plans for accounts, directing the long-term strategy for growth and ongoing health of their coffee programs
- Provides promotional support, diagnostic and light repair for equipment, and quality assurance, while acting as a liaison between Equator and the brewing partner.
- Maintains daily accurate information on our CRM system, taking notes, photos, updating loan information, as well as documenting customer interactions.
- Provides support and works with roasting plant personnel, such as customer service and our roasting/production team, to ensure efficient fulfillment of orders.
- Ensures on-going internal communication about account activity.
- Occasionally delivers small amounts of coffee to customers for emergency purposes
- Customizes training materials to accounts specific needs/recipes.
- Manages and initiates inside sales, such as tea, water filtration, smallwares, etc.
- Other responsibilities and special projects as assigned by the Director of Wholesale.
- Three years’ experience as a specialty coffee barista.
- One year Barista training experience highly recommended.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong initiative, motivation and self-management skills.
- Coffee equipment knowledge preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Willingness to travel locally
- Valid California Driver License and clean driving record is necessary.
- Must have your own reliable vehicle.
- Absolutely must be inspired by coffee and coffee preparation.
- 80% travel throughout territory – Greater Bay Area
- Must be able to access to San Francisco
- Occasional overnight travel outside of territory
We are committed to our employees. We pay 100% of the premium for comprehensive health insurance coverage for employees and offer an employer-contribution 401K retirement plan. Equator also pays above-average wages, promotes education, and offers career advancement. We hope to meet you soon.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Email cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Equator Coffees is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, and discharge will be based on competence, performance and the business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.